List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miles Thompson Date:July 10 2006 12:08am
Subject:Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?
View as plain text
At 02:35 PM 7/9/2006, mos wrote:

>I have a complicated SQL statement with around a dozen
>"if(this,val1,val2)" embedded in it and there are even nested If clauses.
>I'm getting syntax errors because I'm not balancing the "( )" properly. Is
>there any free software out there for Windows that I can copy and paste
>the SQL statement into that will show me where the parenthesis are
>unbalanced? It doesn't have to know about SQL, I just to either highlight
>the parenthesis range or find out when the parenthesis become out of sync.
>
>TIA
>(Mike))

Mike,

EditPlus will match parentheses;  I think the latest version of UltraEdit
does as well.
It is a real help at times.

Cheers - Miles Thompson

How to look for balanced parenthesis?mos9 Jul
  • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Rhino9 Jul
    • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Miles Thompson10 Jul
      • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Hank11 Jul
        • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Miles Thompson11 Jul
          • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Andrew Kreps11 Jul
    • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?mos10 Jul
  • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Miles Thompson10 Jul
  • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Joerg Bruehe10 Jul
    • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Pooly11 Jul
  • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Rhino10 Jul