List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:July 9 2006 5:35pm
Subject:How to look for balanced parenthesis?
View as plain text
I have a complicated SQL statement with around a dozen "if(this,val1,val2)"
embedded in it and there are even nested If clauses. I'm getting syntax
errors because I'm not balancing the "( )" properly. Is there any free
software out there for Windows that I can copy and paste the SQL statement
into that will show me where the parenthesis are unbalanced? It doesn't
have to know about SQL, I just to either highlight the parenthesis range or
find out when the parenthesis become out of sync.

TIA
(Mike))

Thread
How to look for balanced parenthesis?mos9 Jul
  • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Rhino9 Jul
    • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Miles Thompson10 Jul
      • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Hank11 Jul
        • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Miles Thompson11 Jul
          • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Andrew Kreps11 Jul
    • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?mos10 Jul
  • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Miles Thompson10 Jul
  • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Joerg Bruehe10 Jul
    • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Pooly11 Jul
  • Re: How to look for balanced parenthesis?Rhino10 Jul