List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Russell Horn Date:July 7 2006 3:08pm
Subject:Innodb import tuning on Sun T2000
View as plain text
Folks,

I'm trying to import a sql dump of a database which is taking an age.
I've disabled foreign key constraints, unique checks and set autocommit
to 0 but this is still slow.

My data file has a number of tables, one of which has circa 3.5 million
tuples taking up about 500MB of data with 900MB of indexes. This seems
to be where we are slowing down. Most the other tables are much smaller.

The server is a Sun T2000 with 6 cores and 8GB of RAM. We're using the
local disks.

I'm using the mysql.conf file from
http://media.zilbo.com/img/feh/mysql/my.cnf though I've increased
innodb_buffer_pool_size to 3G

Is there anything else I can do to speed up these operations, or should
I resign myself to the import taking several hours each time it's
required?

TIA,

Russell

Thread
A complex JOIN scenarioKim Christensen11 Apr
  • Re: A complex JOIN scenarioMartijn Tonies11 Apr
    • Re: A complex JOIN scenarioKim Christensen11 Apr
  • Re: A complex JOIN scenarioMartijn Tonies11 Apr
    • Re: A complex JOIN scenarioKim Christensen11 Apr
  • Index merge optimization (with OR) and table joinsStuart Brooks11 Apr
    • Re: Index merge optimization (with OR) and table joinssheeri kritzer4 May
      • Re: Index merge optimization (with OR) and table joinssheeri kritzer4 May
  • Re: A complex JOIN scenarioMartijn Tonies11 Apr
    • Re: A complex JOIN scenarioKim Christensen11 Apr
  • Re: A complex JOIN scenarioSantino11 Apr
  • Re: Index merge optimization (with OR) and table joinsStuart Brooks23 May
Re: A complex JOIN scenarioKim Christensen11 Apr
  • Innodb import tuning on Sun T2000Russell Horn7 Jul