List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Jespersen Date:July 2 2006 2:21am
Subject:Re: Full Text Search across 2 tables.
View as plain text
Maybe something like this:

select ft.topic, fm.message from forums_topics ft, forums_messages fm
match (ft.topic, fm.message) against (...)

if topic is null then the hit is from fm and vice versa... haven't tried
it, so  might not work :)

Steffan A. Cline wrote:
> I have 2 tables which have full text index on each of their columns.
>
> Table 1 - forums_topics     field - topic
> Table 2 - forums_messages   field - message
>
> Is it possible to search them both in one query and determine which table
> the result is being returned from in the search results?
>

> Thanks
>
> Steffan

> T E L  6 0 2 . 5 7 9 . 4 2 3 0 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
> Steffan A. Cline
> Steffan@stripped                             Phoenix, Az
> http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
> AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
>                                   Lasso Partner Alliance Member

Full Text Search across 2 tables.Steffan A. Cline1 Jul
  • Re: Full Text Search across 2 tables.Martin Jespersen2 Jul