List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:July 1 2006 3:30am
Subject:Re: Need way to see all relations?
View as plain text
Daevid,

>I have a 'users' table. And there are all kinds of related
>tables like 'logs', 'preferences', etc. that all have a FK
>reference back to this user ID.
>I want to make a query or use some PHP to build a list of
>all tables in my DB that are references.

Query to find tables with FK references to $db.$table:

SELECT c.table_schema,u.table_name,u.column_name,u.referenced_column_name
FROM information_schema.table_constraints AS c
INNER JOIN information_schema.key_column_usage AS u
USING( constraint_schema, constraint_name )
WHERE c.constraint_type = 'FOREIGN KEY' .
  AND u.referenced_table_schema='$db'
  AND u.referenced_table_name = '$table'
  ORDER BY c.table_schema,u.table_name;

PB