List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Van Dijck Date:July 1 2006 1:31am
Subject:Re: Need way to see all relations?
View as plain text
That is, as far as I know, impossible. Mysql does not know which
tables are related to which ones.

Peter

On 6/30/06, Daevid Vincent <daevid@stripped> wrote:
> Is there a way with InnoDB tables to see all related tables/columns?
>
> Basically what I want to do is make a script that somehow will dynamically
> create a "backup" of a single user record. But I don't want to have to
> manually add a new table or column everytime to the script.
>
> So for example, I have a 'users' table. And there are all kinds of related
> tables like 'logs', 'preferences', etc. that all have a FK reference back to
> this user ID.
>
> I want to make a query or use some PHP to build a list of all tables in my
> DB that are references.
>
> Then I can just dump out that user ID (via this script) and it will backup
> that user and all related table data across all tables.
>
> ÐÆ5ÏÐ

find videoblogs: http://mefeedia.com
my blog: http://poorbuthappy.com/ease/
my job: http://petervandijck.net
Thread
Need way to see all relations?Daevid Vincent1 Jul
Re: Need way to see all relations?Peter Van Dijck1 Jul
  • RE: Need way to see all relations?Daevid Vincent1 Jul
Re: Need way to see all relations?Peter Van Dijck1 Jul
Re: Need way to see all relations?Peter Brawley1 Jul
  • RE: Need way to see all relations?Daevid Vincent1 Jul