List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:July 1 2006 1:28am
Subject:Need way to see all relations?
View as plain text
Is there a way with InnoDB tables to see all related tables/columns?

Basically what I want to do is make a script that somehow will dynamically
create a "backup" of a single user record. But I don't want to have to
manually add a new table or column everytime to the script.

So for example, I have a 'users' table. And there are all kinds of related
tables like 'logs', 'preferences', etc. that all have a FK reference back to
this user ID.

I want to make a query or use some PHP to build a list of all tables in my
DB that are references.

Then I can just dump out that user ID (via this script) and it will backup
that user and all related table data across all tables.

ÐÆ5ÏÐ

Thread
Need way to see all relations?Daevid Vincent1 Jul
Re: Need way to see all relations?Peter Van Dijck1 Jul
  • RE: Need way to see all relations?Daevid Vincent1 Jul
Re: Need way to see all relations?Peter Van Dijck1 Jul
Re: Need way to see all relations?Peter Brawley1 Jul
  • RE: Need way to see all relations?Daevid Vincent1 Jul