List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:C.R.Vegelin Date:June 30 2006 2:37pm
Subject:number of rows in EXPLAIN for unpacked vs packed tables
View as plain text
Hi All,

I compressed a MyISAM table successfully with MYISAMPACK, followed by MYISAMCHK.
Both tables (MyISAM + Compressed ) have exactly the same number of rows with Count(*).
But when I give a SELECT query with EXPLAIN on both tables, I get different number of
rows.
For example: EXPLAIN SELECT ... FROM data ... shows 1983 rows,
but the same EXPLAIN SELECT ... FROM pack ... shows 2064 rows.
Any idea why ?

Regards, Cor

Thread
number of rows in EXPLAIN for unpacked vs packed tablesC.R.Vegelin30 Jun
  • Re: number of rows in EXPLAIN for unpacked vs packed tablesDan Buettner30 Jun
  • Re: number of rows in EXPLAIN for unpacked vs packed tablesC.R.Vegelin1 Jul