List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:June 28 2006 8:06pm
Subject:Re: Use of @ in Stored Procedure
View as plain text
Jesse wrote:
> I have skimmed through several pages of instructions on creating
> stored procedures, and I can't seem to find when I should and should
> not use the "@" symbol before a variable name?  I have seen a lot of
> procedures where it's always used, and I've written a procedure or two
> that doesn't use it at all, and it seems to work fine. What's the
> difference?
@ as a name prefix signifies a user variable, NOT a stored routine
parameter, and NOT a variable declared in a stored procedure. It might
appear to work fine when there are user variables with the same names as
declared variables, but undrer such circumstances it will not be working
fine at all.

PB

-----