List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:June 28 2006 8:01pm
Subject:Re: Tough query to crack
View as plain text
Steve,

 >  INSERT INTO master_context_list (Context_ID, Target_ID)
 >    SELECT Context_ID = @ContextID, targets_list.Target_ID FROM
targets_list
 >      WHERE Target_ID IN ( SELECT Target_ID FROM #APPLICABLE_TARGET_IDS )

context_id=@contextID tells the server to return 1 when the column value
of context_id is equal to the value of the user variable @contextID, and
otherwise zero. Not likely what you intend.

Apart from that, does the following, in standard SQL, represent what you
are trying to accomplish?

INSERT INTO master_context_list (Context_ID, Target_ID)
SELECT l.Context_ID, l.Target_ID
FROM targets_list AS l
INNER JOIN applicable_target_ids AS a USING (target_id);

PB

-----