List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Catherine H. Macheret Date:June 27 2006 7:43pm
Subject:Foreign Language FULLTEXT Indexing
View as plain text
I'm guessing that the way MySQL handles foreign language full text
indexing is through parser plug-ins and custom stop word lists.  Am I
right?  And If so, these must have been already created for the common
western languages such as German, French etc. Where can I find these
plug-ins?  Is there any MySQL or third party documentation that anyone
knows of that can help me out.  I'm evaluating MySQL for an application
doing full text indexing and searching of English and many different
foreign language documents.

Catherine Macheret

Thread
Foreign Language FULLTEXT IndexingCatherine H. Macheret27 Jun