List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Buettner Date:June 27 2006 12:50pm
Subject:Re: Recommended backup scripts for mysql databases
View as plain text
Andreas, if you are only using MyISAM tables, the included mysqlhotcopy
script may work for you.  We used it at my previous employer with good
results.  We would run it to create a snapshot of our data files every
day, then run a network backup utility that backed up the snapshot (but
did not access the live data files).

Other folks have recommended mysqldump, which is also a good solution,
but could potentially take a long time to restore into the database,
depending on your data.

Dan

--
Dan Buettner
Thread
      • Re: Recommended backup scripts for mysql databasesDan Buettner29 Jun
        • RE: Recommended backup scripts for mysql databasesTim Lucia29 Jun
          • Re: Recommended backup scripts for mysql databasesDan Buettner29 Jun
            • RE: Recommended backup scripts for mysql databasesTim Lucia30 Jun
              • Re: Recommended backup scripts for mysql databasesDan Buettner30 Jun
                • Re: Recommended backup scripts for mysql databasesAndreas Widerøe Andersen30 Jun
                  • Re: Recommended backup scripts for mysql databasesDan Buettner30 Jun
                    • Re: Recommended backup scripts for mysql databasesAndreas Widerøe Andersen1 Jul
      • Re: Recommended backup scripts for mysql databasesDaniel da Veiga29 Jun