List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Santiago del Castillo Date:June 25 2006 3:36pm
Subject:Re: A lot of HD Writing
View as plain text
Hi, thanks for answering!

I am using MyISAM tables.

So, based in your answer i assume that is usual to have a lot of HD
Writing, isn't it?

Thanks!
Santiago

mos wrote:
> At 06:55 PM 6/24/2006, Santiago del Castillo wrote:
>> Hi, is usual to have a lot of HD writing on a MySQL server where
>> (according
>> to mytop) there are between 800 and 1200 queries per second? my MRTG is
>> showing a lot of HD Writing and i wanted to know if it's usual. The
>> database
>> is growing about 11 MB every 3 minutes.
>>
>> FYI, I don't have any log-type (binlog, queries log or slow queries log)
>> activated.
>
> Well, if this keeps up, you better run out and buy more hard drives.<g>
>
> Are you using InnoDb or MyISAM tables?
> You can run "Show ProcessList" to see what task is currently executing
> on the MySQL server.
>
> Mike

Thread
A lot of HD WritingSantiago del Castillo25 Jun
  • Re: A lot of HD WritingDan Nelson25 Jun
Re: A lot of HD Writingmos25 Jun
  • Re: A lot of HD WritingSantiago del Castillo25 Jun
    • Re: A lot of HD Writingmos26 Jun