List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:June 25 2006 5:18am
Subject:Re: A lot of HD Writing
View as plain text
At 06:55 PM 6/24/2006, Santiago del Castillo wrote:
>Hi, is usual to have a lot of HD writing on a MySQL server where (according
>to mytop) there are between 800 and 1200 queries per second? my MRTG is
>showing a lot of HD Writing and i wanted to know if it's usual. The database
>is growing about 11 MB every 3 minutes.
>
>FYI, I don't have any log-type (binlog, queries log or slow queries log)
>activated.

Well, if this keeps up, you better run out and buy more hard drives.<g>

Are you using InnoDb or MyISAM tables?
You can run "Show ProcessList" to see what task is currently executing on
the MySQL server.

Mike

Thread
A lot of HD WritingSantiago del Castillo25 Jun
  • Re: A lot of HD WritingDan Nelson25 Jun
Re: A lot of HD Writingmos25 Jun
  • Re: A lot of HD WritingSantiago del Castillo25 Jun
    • Re: A lot of HD Writingmos26 Jun