List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Santiago del Castillo Date:June 24 2006 11:55pm
Subject:A lot of HD Writing
View as plain text
Hi, is usual to have a lot of HD writing on a MySQL server where (according
to mytop) there are between 800 and 1200 queries per second? my MRTG is
showing a lot of HD Writing and i wanted to know if it's usual. The database
is growing about 11 MB every 3 minutes.

FYI, I don't have any log-type (binlog, queries log or slow queries log)
activated.

An extra question:
Which scale of MaxBytes should i use for my HD Writing MRTG config? i'm
using "MaxBytes[hd-write]: 2400" right now. The Disk is a 80 GB SCSI disc
with RAID 1

If you need more information just ask :).

Thanks!!
Santiago del Castillo

Thread
A lot of HD WritingSantiago del Castillo25 Jun
  • Re: A lot of HD WritingDan Nelson25 Jun
Re: A lot of HD Writingmos25 Jun
  • Re: A lot of HD WritingSantiago del Castillo25 Jun
    • Re: A lot of HD Writingmos26 Jun