List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel McQuay Date:June 22 2006 9:06pm
Subject:Re: Exclusion Query
View as plain text
had a problem like this in class today and we solved it with a LEFT OUTER
JOIN. we had to find customers who did not place an order or orders with no
customers. this was in MSSQL but it may be something to work off of.

USE Northwind
SELECT *
FROM Customers C
LEFT OUTER JOIN Orders O
ON C.CustomerID = O.CustomerID
WHERE OrderID IS NULL OR C.CustomerID IS NULL
ORDER BY OrderID

HTH,

--
Daniel McQuay
simplebob@stripped

Thread
Exclusion QueryJeremy Rottman22 Jun
  • Re: Exclusion QueryDaniel McQuay22 Jun
    • Re: Exclusion QueryPeter Brawley23 Jun
  • Re: Exclusion QueryKarl Larsen23 Jun