List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:cknipe Date:June 20 2006 7:37am
Subject:RE: Aborting a greedy querry from the command line
View as plain text
Quoting Ciprian Vizitiu <cvizitiu@stripped>:

> > On Monday 19 June 2006 04:08 pm, Logan, David (SST - Adelaide) wrote:
> > > Hi Chris,
> > >
> > > I've noticed that a Ctrl-C will also leave the query
> > running (5.0.22 -
> > > Linux) and I've had to use the kill from mysqladmin or
> > mysql client to
> > > get rid of it.
> >
> > Huh, that's odd, it should abort everything entirely.... even
> > with threading and what not.  Maybe a MySQL person can step
> > in here and throw in an explanation :).
>
> It might me odd but it's true; and annoying. Have to restart the daemon
> otherwise the server will continue to chew CPU and disk doing the query.

Why not just kill the query (process) in mysqld?

Thread
Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineScott Haneda20 Jun
  • RE: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineSST - Adelaide)20 Jun
  • Re: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineChris White20 Jun
    • RE: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineSST - Adelaide)20 Jun
      • Re: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineChris White20 Jun
        • Re: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineDan Nelson20 Jun
        • RE: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineCiprian Vizitiu20 Jun
          • Re: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineDuncan Hill20 Jun
          • RE: Aborting a greedy querry from the command linecknipe20 Jun