List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ciprian Vizitiu Date:June 20 2006 7:23am
Subject:RE: Aborting a greedy querry from the command line
View as plain text
> On Monday 19 June 2006 04:08 pm, Logan, David (SST - Adelaide) wrote:
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > I've noticed that a Ctrl-C will also leave the query
> running (5.0.22 -
> > Linux) and I've had to use the kill from mysqladmin or
> mysql client to
> > get rid of it.
>
> Huh, that's odd, it should abort everything entirely.... even
> with threading and what not.  Maybe a MySQL person can step
> in here and throw in an explanation :).

It might me odd but it's true; and annoying. Have to restart the daemon
otherwise the server will continue to chew CPU and disk doing the query.

Thread
Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineScott Haneda20 Jun
  • RE: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineSST - Adelaide)20 Jun
  • Re: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineChris White20 Jun
    • RE: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineSST - Adelaide)20 Jun
      • Re: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineChris White20 Jun
        • Re: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineDan Nelson20 Jun
        • RE: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineCiprian Vizitiu20 Jun
          • Re: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineDuncan Hill20 Jun
          • RE: Aborting a greedy querry from the command linecknipe20 Jun