List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:June 20 2006 5:27am
Subject:Re: Aborting a greedy querry from the command line
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jun 19), Chris White said:
> On Monday 19 June 2006 04:08 pm, Logan, David (SST - Adelaide) wrote:
> > I've noticed that a Ctrl-C will also leave the query running
> > (5.0.22 - Linux) and I've had to use the kill from mysqladmin or
> > mysql client to get rid of it.
>
> Huh, that's odd, it should abort everything entirely.... even with
> threading and what not.  Maybe a MySQL person can step in here and
> throw in an explanation :).

It aborts the client.  The query is still running on the server and
won't know that the client is gone until it tries to return the
resultset.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
    • RE: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineSST - Adelaide)20 Jun
      • Re: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineChris White20 Jun
        • Re: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineDan Nelson20 Jun
        • RE: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineCiprian Vizitiu20 Jun
          • Re: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineDuncan Hill20 Jun
          • RE: Aborting a greedy querry from the command linecknipe20 Jun