List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris White Date:June 19 2006 11:06pm
Subject:Re: Aborting a greedy querry from the command line
View as plain text
On Monday 19 June 2006 04:02 pm, Scott Haneda wrote:
> Sometimes I will issue something, slip of the fingers, and mysql will chew
> on it for hours, the best I can do is control-z to get out of it and log
> back in.  But, I just learned these processes are still running, and I have
> to go in and kill them by hand.

CTRL+Z simply puts a process in sleep mode so it can be woken up later on.
CTRL+C will kill the MySQL process (thus killing the query).  While I don't
like that method, it's the only one I've found so far.

--
Chris White
PHP Programmer/DB Overclocker
    • RE: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineSST - Adelaide)20 Jun
      • Re: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineChris White20 Jun
        • Re: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineDan Nelson20 Jun
        • RE: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineCiprian Vizitiu20 Jun
          • Re: Aborting a greedy querry from the command lineDuncan Hill20 Jun
          • RE: Aborting a greedy querry from the command linecknipe20 Jun