List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Sansom Date:June 15 2006 8:08am
Subject:BBEdit tip (was: Differences between MySQL 4 and 5 for scripts)
View as plain text
At 23:00 +0100 14/6/06, Graham Reeds wrote:
>>1) You may have a bogus hidden character in your SQL file.  If you
>>look at it with a text editor (BBEdit, TextWrangler, etc), with the
>>"show invivisbles" feature on, do you see unusual stuff?  Sounds
>>strange but I've seen stranger.
>
>Took a brief look over it but didn't see anything that I thought
>looked untoward.  Nor did side by side comparison show up anything.

I know your problem is now solved, but a quick tip for users of
BBEdit when searching for 'rogue' characters:

Sometimes you can't see them at all in the normal display, but if you
go to the page preferences menu - the third little square from the
left inside the message window - and select Show Invisibles, this can
reveal various oddities. You may find, eg, control characters
appearing as inverted red ?s, or non-breaking spaces (I /think/
that's what they are) appearing as grey bullets where you expect
normal spaces.

--
Cheers... Chris
Highway 57 Web Development -- http://highway57.co.uk/

Empty warhead found in White House
    -- Sign carried on New York peace rally, April 2003
Thread
Differences between MySQL 4 and 5 for scriptsGraham Reeds14 Jun
  • Re: Differences between MySQL 4 and 5 for scriptsDan Buettner14 Jun
    • Re: Differences between MySQL 4 and 5 for scriptsGraham Reeds14 Jun
      • Re: Differences between MySQL 4 and 5 for scriptsJim Winstead15 Jun
      • BBEdit tip (was: Differences between MySQL 4 and 5 for scripts)Chris Sansom15 Jun
  • Re: Differences between MySQL 4 and 5 for scriptsMichael Stassen14 Jun