List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ligaya Turmelle Date:June 15 2006 6:49am
Subject:stored procedure TYPE
View as plain text
*Disclaimer - this will be kind of vague mainly because I only vaguely
recall the material.

I am trying to create a stored procedure.  Now I vaguely recall reading
something that says I have to match a column type if I am messing with
one.  Something like I want to match a table column type... even if I
don't know what it is.  I think it was something like TYPE
table.column... I'm not sure if it was only in a DECLARE or if I can set
one of the INOUT vars to the column type as well.

Hell I can't even remember if it was MySQL or something I read about
while researching stored procedures in general and it dealt with a
different database system

Anyone have any ideas what the heck I am talking about or if it is even
supported in MySQL?  If it is - any help pointing me in the right
general direction to get some information on it would be helpful.  If it
isn't - I will just make the datatype fixed.

I have been looking over the MySQL manual pages on stored procedures,
the articles on the MySQL developer zone and google (of course) and
can't find it anywhere.

--

life is a game... so have fun.

Thread
stored procedure TYPELigaya Turmelle15 Jun
  • Re: stored procedure TYPEMartijn Tonies15 Jun