List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 29 1999 10:37pm
Subject:mysqlbugs
View as plain text

M> OS--
M>   OS/2 Warp 4 fixpak 12
M> mySQL--
M>   version 3.22.19b

M> Running install.cmd reported no errors. Therefore it must have found the
M> emx and pthreads libraries.
M> The OS/2 specific instruction said to run safe_mysqld script. There was no
M> such script in the
M> distribution. So I started the server by clicking on the mysql server
M> icon. It seams to run OK.
M> There is no err or log files to be found anywhere, however.

M> The "how to report a bug" says to use mysqlbug, but it too is missing. So
M> I ran did

M> mysql -version
M> ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)

M> To make sure of the IP I did

M> resolveip localhost
M> IP address of localhost is 127.0.0.1

M> So the documention wrt OS/2 is incorrect and incomplete. Where can I find
M> correct and sufficient documentaion to install and run mySQL under OS/2?
M> If none exsists, then if someone will tell me the correct procedure and
M> send
M> me the source to the mysql.inf file, I will be glad to make the
M> corrections.

M> Thanks for your support.

Hi!

Have you managed to get this to work yet?  If not, take a look at the
Access denied section in the MySQL manual!

There isn't anything wrong with your MySQL installation; The OS2
version simply doesn't have the mysqlbug or safe_mysql scripts.

Regards,
Monty

PS: Sorry for the late reply;  I am still trying to catch up with the
    mails that piled up during my vacation.
Thread
mysqlbugsM. Frankford11 Nov
  • mysqlbugsMichael Widenius30 Nov