List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 29 1999 11:02pm
Subject:Re: Bug in mysql-3.23.6-alpha-pc-linux-gnu-i686.tar.gz
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Tani" == Tani Hosokawa <unknown@stripped> writes:

Tani> On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 06:03:29AM +0100, Torbjorn Lindgren wrote:
>> > People using RedHat, Slackware, or Debian machines that are using glibc
>> > 2.0, will have to either recompile their glibc and kernel to have LFS
>> > support, or they'll have to recompile MySQL, or they won't be able to use
>> > DBD::MySQL.
>>
>> Now, that's a completely different issue than what it sounded like you were
>> talking about, the basic problem is that this binary is compiled using glibc
>> *2.1* and then sometimes used under older versions.

The main problem is that for the moment only have one machine to build the
RPM:s one (with glibc 2.1)

We should shortly have a new dedicated Intel 'MySQL build' machine.
On this we plan to have vmware's running with a copy of the most common Linux
distributions + FreeBSD, so that we can build standard MySQL binaries
on them.  This will hopefully make things easier in situations like
this.

Anyway, MySQL shouldn't require gcc newer than 2.7.3;  We only recommend
newer gcc version as this will give you a radical increase of
performance in MySQL.  If your gcc version is quite old and you are
using RPM:s, you must however modify the MySQL .spec file to remove
the extra compiler arguments we have added to make MySQL faster.

Regards,
Monty

PS: Sorry for the late reply;  I am still trying to catch up with the
    mails that piled up during my vacation.
Thread
Bug in mysql-3.23.6-alpha-pc-linux-gnu-i686.tar.gzTani Hosokawa18 Nov
  • Re: Bug in mysql-3.23.6-alpha-pc-linux-gnu-i686.tar.gzTorbjorn Lindgren18 Nov
    • Re: Bug in mysql-3.23.6-alpha-pc-linux-gnu-i686.tar.gzTani Hosokawa18 Nov
      • Re: Bug in mysql-3.23.6-alpha-pc-linux-gnu-i686.tar.gzTorbjorn Lindgren22 Nov
        • Re: Bug in mysql-3.23.6-alpha-pc-linux-gnu-i686.tar.gzTani Hosokawa23 Nov
          • Re: Bug in mysql-3.23.6-alpha-pc-linux-gnu-i686.tar.gzMichael Widenius30 Nov