List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Frances Date:June 10 2006 6:54pm
Subject: re-installed 4.1 -- can't read tables....
View as plain text
Hi, due to some problems I was having I re-intalled 4.1 the other day
(had orig zip from when first downloaded (mysql-4.1.9-win32.zip), so was
able to install exact same version I had previously) only problem is, I
can't read tables...  I had backed up my data, copied my db's back to
'data' dir but can't read the tables..  I get this error if I do
describe table, or run a query:

ERROR 1016 (HY000): Can't open file: '<tableName>.ibd' (errno: 1)
    (tables have extension .frm, though..)

would very much appreciate some suggestions.. thank you.

Thread
re-installed 4.1 -- can't read tables....Frances10 Jun