List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lew Barnesson Date:April 17 1999 6:21pm
Subject:auto_increment problem
View as plain text
Hi,

I began using auto_increment in an extensive system (46 'C' CGI programs on
Win NT 4.0 server ) back in the 3.21.x days; back when I didn't know about
the problem of a delete freeing up a previously used auto_increment-assigned
number/id. My system assumes uniqueness accross not only the database, but
archived deleted rows.

I understand this problem will be resolved in 3.23.0. Is this correct, and
when can I expect to see this release? My system is going production very
shortly, so I need to decide to wait for resolution, or to create my own
unique id assignments.

My complements to Monty and crew for this very fine mysql.

Regards to all.

-Lew Barnesson

Thread
auto_increment problemLew Barnesson17 Apr
  • auto_increment problemMichael Widenius17 Apr
  • Re: auto_increment problemSasha Pachev18 Apr
    • Re: auto_increment problemMichael Widenius18 Apr