List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 29 1999 11:36pm
Subject:LINUX->Solarsi Problem
View as plain text
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Zaitsev <pz@stripped> writes:

Peter> Hello mysql,
Peter>   I have MYSQL 3.23.27 from binary destribution for RH 6.0 and self
Peter>   compiled version of same mysql on Sparc solaris 2.6 (Ultra-II) the
Peter>   last is compiled with --with-charset=win1251 and with all other
Peter>   defaults.
Peter>   The thing is they a little bit differently run the same query on the
Peter>   same data.

Peter>   users table contains user with login "Igor_P"

Peter>   SPARC:
Peter>   select * from users where login="igor_p";
Peter>   returns Empty set
Peter>   LINUX
Peter>   select * from users where login="igor_p";
mysql> select * from users where login="igor_p";
Peter>
> +-----+--------+--------------------------+--------------+--------+----+--------+-------+----------+----------------+------------+--------+----------+------------+
Peter> | ID  | LOGIN  | NAME                     | MAIL         | PWORD  | TZ | REGION
> | FLAGS | LANGUAGE | CREATED        | ANSWER     | MAILED | QUESTION | BIRTH_DAY  |
Peter>
> +-----+--------+--------------------------+--------------+--------+----+--------+-------+----------+----------------+------------+--------+----------+------------+
Peter> | 847 | Igor_P | ðÙÈÁÌÏ×
> éÇÏÒØ
> ÷ÁÓÉÌØÅ×ÉÞ |
> rkka@stripped | cdykgd |  0 |      0 |     0 |        0 | 19991119154843 |
> âÁÌÁÓÁÎÏ×Á |      1 |
>    0 | 1965-10-30 |
Peter>
> +-----+--------+--------------------------+--------------+--------+----+--------+-------+----------+----------------+------------+--------+----------+------------+
Peter> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Peter> Could you tell me if this problem is because of different charsets or
Peter> what.

Please check if the columns are declared identically;  In particular
that the sparc version isn't declared with the BINARY attribute.

I checked the sort_order_win1251[] character map (in ctype-win1251)
and according to this the compare should be case insensitive also on
the Sparc.  If you want to debug this mail me and I can probably give
you some pointers.

Peter> Other question is what is the difference between charsets cp1251 and
Peter> win1251  ?

The comment in the cp1251 file gives a hint about this:

-------
/* ctype-cp1251.c */

/*
 * File generated by cset
 * (C) Abandoned 1997 Zarko Mocnik <zarko.mocnik@stripped>
 *
 * This file is obsolete;  Please use ctype-win1251 instead!
 */
--------

Thread
LINUX->Solarsi ProblemPeter Zaitsev29 Nov
  • moving recordsDavid Moreno S.29 Nov
    • Re: moving recordssinisa29 Nov
  • LINUX->Solarsi ProblemMichael Widenius30 Nov