List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 17 1999 3:31pm
Subject:Re: mySQL problems !
View as plain text
At 10:46 AM -0500 4/17/1999, Rohit Peyyeti wrote:
>Hello !
>
>    I have installed mySQL 3.22.16 on Red Hat Linux 4.2. I have created
>database and also
>    some tables. Now i dont see my tables under the database which i have
>    created. I have checked err file of mysql, but that does not show me any
>    error. We use mySQL admin to shutdown mySQL. mySQL was always cleanly
>    shutdown and restarted. Can you please tell me how to protect my Database
>    against such problems ?

Were you ever actually able to use your tables?  You don't say.

When you say you don't "see" your tables, what do you mean?  You used
SHOW TABLES?  You looked in the database directory?

Did you verify that the database directory and the files corresponding
to your tables were actually present right after you created them?
If not, perhaps you're not looking in the right place.

From your report it's difficult to say at which point you think your
problem occurred.  After you shut down the server?  After you started
it back up?

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
mySQL problems !Rohit Peyyeti17 Apr