List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Sansom Date:June 4 2006 5:34pm
Subject:myisamchk (was: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%')
View as plain text
At 14:02 +0300 1/6/06, Remo Tex wrote:
>If you change the character set when running MySQL, you must run
>myisamchk -r -q --set-collation=collation_name  on all MyISAM tables.

Hi

My problem isn't quite the same as the original poster's, but I
suspect the solution may be the same. However, I'm having trouble
running the myisamchk command.

I'm using the Unix Terminal in Mac OS X, with MySQL 5.0.19, and it
won't let me get beyond a certain point in the file structure to find
exactly where the files are. I can 'drill down' as far as the mysql
directory, which has the promisingly-named data directory inside it.
However 'cd data' tells me I don't have permission... but 'sudo cd
data' simply repeats the same directory! I can't seem to get into
data at all.

So... I tried guessing that the file I want - which is for a table
called 'attractions' in the database 'aptguserdb' - might be at
data/aptguserdb/attractions.myd (and .myi for the index), but when I
try the myisamchk command with the full path to there I get 'file
does not exist'.

I'm stumped! How exactly do I go about this?

--
Cheers... Chris
Highway 57 Web Development -- http://highway57.co.uk/

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
Thread
name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Lukasz Budnik31 May
  • Need help querying a database of polynomialsLew E. Lefton31 May
    • Re: Need help querying a database of polynomialsPeter Brawley31 May
      • Re: Need help querying a database of polynomialsPooly31 May
      • Re: Need help querying a database of polynomialsMichael Stassen1 Jun
  • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'sheeri kritzer31 May
    • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Lukasz Budnik31 May
      • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Jake Peavy1 Jun
        • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Brendan Bouffler1 Jun
          • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Lukasz Budnik1 Jun
            • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Jake Peavy1 Jun
  • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Remo Tex1 Jun
    • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Lukasz Budnik1 Jun
      • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Remo Tex1 Jun
        • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Lukasz Budnik1 Jun
        • myisamchk (was: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%')Chris Sansom4 Jun
          • Re: myisamchk (was: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then'Szczec%')Chris Sansom5 Jun
          • Re: myisamchk (was: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%')gclark5 Jun
            • Re: myisamchk (was: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%')Chris Sansom8 Jun