List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Byron.Albert Date:June 1 2006 11:32pm
Subject:help with storing a large binary number as bigint
View as plain text
Hey all,

 This should be a relatively simple question but after looking through
the manual for a while I didn't see how to do it. I am working in php
and need to store a large binary number in the database. When I try and
convert it to a int in php its too big so it converts it to a float and
I loose all all precision witch makes it worthless to me. Is there a way
to let mysql do the conversion since the number I am working with is
48bits and bigint can store 63bits??? I would need to be able to insert
and select it as a binary string?

Thanks for any help.

Byron Albert

Thread
help with storing a large binary number as bigintByron.Albert2 Jun
  • Re: help with storing a large binary number as bigintJeremy Cole2 Jun
Re: help with storing a large binary number as bigintSameer2 Jun