List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 29 1999 7:47pm
Subject:Re: Mysql hanging
View as plain text

>> Yes I have this problem as well. I use basically the same solution as you.
>> I noticed though that a lot of INSERTS will lockup the system (actually
>> slow it down significantly). Using INSERT DELAYED seems to alleviate the
>> problem because in the latter case only one thread is doing the inserting.

Wari> Hmmm, OK, this is new ;).. But, my problem occurs only when the site is on
Wari> an idle state (3 am or so).. When the site is heavily hit, mysql just
Wari> chugs along... hmm, curioser and curioser..

Hi!

When you have problems that mysqld hangs, or becomes unresponsible you
should definitely look at the following MySQL entries:

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_Questions.html#Asking_questions

http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_Problems.html#Crashing

http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_Porting.html#Debugging_server

PLEASE read the above before reposting your question, this will save us all
a lot of time!  To be able to help you when mysqld is hanging we
usually need enough information to be able to duplicate the problem to
be able to help you!

Sorry for the short answer, but as we get a couple of hundred mails/day
we don't have time to answer questions that are already documented
or doesn't contain all information needed to give a quick exact answer.

Yours,
Monty
Thread
Mysql hangingWari Wahab10 Nov
  • Re: Mysql hangingOrlando Andico10 Nov
    • Re: Mysql hangingWari Wahab10 Nov
      • Re: Mysql hangingMichael Widenius29 Nov
        • Re: Mysql hangingWari Wahab30 Nov
          • Re: Mysql hangingChristopher E. Brown30 Nov
            • Re: Mysql hangingWari Wahab30 Nov
              • Re: Mysql hangingChristopher E. Brown30 Nov
              • Re: Mysql hangingMichael Widenius30 Nov
Re: Mysql hangingWari Wahab10 Nov
Re: Mysql hangingHank Leininger30 Nov
  • Re: Mysql hangingChristopher E. Brown1 Dec
Re: Mysql hangingBobi3 Dec