List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Graham Ashton Date:April 17 1999 12:33pm
Subject:speed - jdbc vs DBI ?
View as plain text
I'm just wondering which is (generally) faster for doing large
inserts/selects in MySQL, Java's jdbc, or Perl's DBI. I know it's a very
woolly question, but I can't compare them because I've not got enough
Java experience.

I'm considering re-implementing some of my Perl scripts as Java
servlets/applets, and was thinking that keeping a common language across
both the front and backend stuff might be a good idea.

I'm only after an order of magnitude type of answer, nothing too
precise.

I'm running Linux on high end pentium II boxes, if it makes any
difference. Thanks.

--
Graham
Thread