List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Remo Tex Date:June 1 2006 11:02am
Subject:Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'
View as plain text
Lukasz Budnik wrote:
> Hi Remo,
>
>> just a thought... Can you try OPTIMIZE TABLE... or REPAIR TABLE ...
>> [EXTENDED] first
>> then try those queries again HTH
>
> I've just run those statements, results:
>
> optimize | status   | OK
> repair | status   | OK
>
> but like 'Szczec%' still returns 1 row
> (now I know that it should return at least 7 rows)
>
> best regards
> Lukasz Budnik

Well then can you try ... WHERE BINARY name like 'Szczec%';

Could it happen that you upgraded from 4.0.x directly to 5.0.x mysql.com
says that is a bad thing and not to skip versions i.e. 3.x & 4.0.x must
be upgraded first to 4.1.x and then to 5.0.x or... you're heading for
trouble(s) esp. charset issues

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/upgrade.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/upgrade.html
As a general rule, we recommend that when you upgrade from one release
series to another, you should go to the next series rather than skipping
a series. For example, if you currently are running MySQL 4.0 and wish
to upgrade to a newer series, upgrade to MySQL 4.1 rather than to 5.0 or
5.1.
You can always move the MySQL format files and data files between
different versions on the same architecture as long as you stay within
versions for the same release series of MySQL. If you change the
character set when running MySQL, you must run myisamchk -r -q
--set-collation=collation_name  on all MyISAM tables. Otherwise, your
indexes may not be ordered correctly, because changing the character set
may also change the sort order.
HTH
Thread
name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Lukasz Budnik31 May
  • Need help querying a database of polynomialsLew E. Lefton31 May
    • Re: Need help querying a database of polynomialsPeter Brawley31 May
      • Re: Need help querying a database of polynomialsPooly31 May
      • Re: Need help querying a database of polynomialsMichael Stassen1 Jun
  • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'sheeri kritzer31 May
    • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Lukasz Budnik31 May
      • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Jake Peavy1 Jun
        • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Brendan Bouffler1 Jun
          • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Lukasz Budnik1 Jun
            • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Jake Peavy1 Jun
  • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Remo Tex1 Jun
    • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Lukasz Budnik1 Jun
      • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Remo Tex1 Jun
        • Re: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%'Lukasz Budnik1 Jun
        • myisamchk (was: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%')Chris Sansom4 Jun
          • Re: myisamchk (was: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then'Szczec%')Chris Sansom5 Jun
          • Re: myisamchk (was: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%')gclark5 Jun
            • Re: myisamchk (was: name 'Szczech' returns more rows then 'Szczec%')Chris Sansom8 Jun