List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ramya Krishnan Date:June 1 2006 7:18am
Subject:MYSQL_OPT_READ_TIMEOUT -- Linux
View as plain text
Hi,
I am using mysql-5.0.21 version. This issue was discussed in the bugs
list 4.x.x version and I believe the same has been closed(only for windows).
Problem:
1. Connection is established to the server
2. sever goes down.
3. The read at the client hangs.

The timeout has been implemented for windows. Not for Linux?? If this is
not required in Linux how do i handle the same in linux. Would I have to
wait close to 15 min for the function to return? Can this be controlled
through my.cnf or mysql_option. Why cant setsockopt to control the
timeout be implemented on Linux too.

8938  12:10:11.040375 read(3, 0x8de33b0, 16384) = -1 EHOSTUNREACH (No
route to host)
8938  12:25:36.521901 shutdown(3, 2 /* send and receive */) = -1
ENOTCONN (Transport endpoint is not connected)

void vio_timeout(Vio *vio __attribute__((unused)),
         uint which __attribute__((unused)),
                 uint timeout __attribute__((unused)))
{
#ifdef __WIN__
  ulong wait_timeout= (ulong) timeout * 1000;
  (void) setsockopt(vio->sd, SOL_SOCKET,
    which ? SO_SNDTIMEO : SO_RCVTIMEO, (char*) &wait_timeout,
        sizeof(wait_timeout));
#endif /* __WIN__ */
}

--
Thanks and Regards
Ramya Krishnan

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a
touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction -- Albert Einstein

********** DISCLAIMER **********
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Sify Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a
forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with
the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an
agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for delivering the
information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any use,
distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at admin@stripped

Watch India vs. England LIVE, Hot videos and more only on Sify Max! Click Here.
www.sifymax.com

Get to see what's happening in your favourite City on Bangalore Live! www.bangalorelive.in

Thread
MYSQL_OPT_READ_TIMEOUT -- LinuxRamya Krishnan1 Jun