-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
MySQL Connector/J 3.1.13, a new version of the Type-IV all-Java JDBC
driver for MySQL has been released.
Version 3.1.13 is a bugfix release for the stable branch that is
suitable for use with any MySQL version including MySQL-4.1, MySQL-5.0
or MySQL-5.1 beta.
It is now available in source and binary form from the Connector/J
download pages at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/3.0.html
and mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at
this point of time - if you can't find this version on some mirror,
please try again later or choose another download site.)
Please notice that the download archives are larger than before as we're
now shipping the output of our JUnit release tests, and code coverage in
the "docs/release-test-output" subdirectory.
- From the changelog:
05-26-05 - Version 3.1.13
- Fixed BUG#15464 - INOUT parameter does not store IN value.
- Fixed BUG#14609 - Exception thrown for new decimal type when
using updatable result sets.
- Fixed BUG#15544, no "dos" character set in MySQL > 4.1.0
- Fixed BUG#15383 - PreparedStatement.setObject() serializes
BigInteger as object, rather than sending as numeric value
(and is thus not complementary to .getObject() on an UNSIGNED
- Fixed BUG#11874 - ResultSet.getShort() for UNSIGNED TINYINT
returned wrong values.
- Fixed BUG#15676 - lib-nodist directory missing from
package breaks out-of-box build
- Fixed BUG#15854 - DBMD.getColumns() returns wrong type for BIT.
- Fixed BUG#14938 - Unable to initialize character set mapping
Removed reliance on .properties files to hold this information, as
it turns out to be too problematic to code around class loader
hierarchies that change depending on how an application is
deployed. Moved information back into the CharsetMapping class.
- Fixed BUG#16841 - updatable result set doesn't return
AUTO_INCREMENT values for insertRow() when multiple column primary
keys are used. (the driver was checking for the existence of
single-column primary keys and an autoincrement value > 0 instead
of a straightforward isAutoIncrement() check).
- Fixed BUG#17099 - Statement.getGeneratedKeys() throws
NullPointerException when no query has been processed.
- Fixed BUG#13469 - Driver tries to call methods that don't exist on
older and newer versions of Log4j. The fix is not trying to
auto-detect presense of log4j, too many different incompatible
versions out there in the wild to do this reliably.
If you relied on autodetection before, you will need to add
"logger=com.mysql.jdbc.log.Log4JLogger" to your JDBC URL to enable
Log4J usage, or alternatively use the new "CommonsLogger" class to
take care of this.
- Added support for Apache Commons logging, use
"com.mysql.jdbc.log.CommonsLogger" as the value for the "logger"
- LogFactory now prepends "com.mysql.jdbc.log" to log class name if
it can't be found as-specified. This allows you to use "short
names" for the built-in log factories, for example
"logger=CommonsLogger" instead of
- Fixed BUG#15570 - ReplicationConnection incorrectly copies state,
doesn't transfer connection context correctly when transitioning
between the same read-only states.
- Fixed BUG#18041 - Server-side prepared statements don't cause
truncation exceptions to be thrown when truncation happens.
- Added performance feature, re-writing of batched executes for
Statement.executeBatch() (for all DML statements) and
PreparedStatement.executeBatch() (for INSERTs with VALUE clauses
only). Enable by using "rewriteBatchedStatements=true" in your
- Fixed BUG#17898 - registerOutParameter not working when some
parameters pre-populated. Still waiting for feedback from JDBC
experts group to determine what correct parameter count from
getMetaData() should be, however.
- Fixed BUG#17587 - clearParameters() on a closed prepared statement
- Map "latin1" on MySQL server to CP1252 for MySQL > 4.1.0.
- Added additional accessor and mutator methods on
ConnectionProperties so that DataSource users can use same naming
as regular URL properties.
- Fixed BUG#18740 - Data truncation and getWarnings() only returns
last warning in set.
- Improved performance of retrieving BigDecimal, Time, Timestamp and
Date values from server-side prepared statements by creating fewer
short-lived instances of Strings when the native type is not an
exact match for the requested type. Fixes BUG#18496 for
- Fixed BUG#18554 - Aliased column names where length of name > 251
- Fixed BUG#17450 - ResultSet.wasNull() not always reset
correctly for booleans when done via conversion for server-side
- Fixed BUG#16277 - Invalid classname returned for
RSMD.getColumnClassName() for BIGINT type.
- Fixed case where driver wasn't reading server status correctly
when fetching server-side prepared statement rows, which in some
cases could cause warning counts to be off, or multiple result
sets to not be read off the wire.
- Driver now aware of fix for BIT type metadata that went into
MySQL-5.0.21 for server not reporting length consistently
- Fixed BUG#19615, PreparedStatement.setObject(int, Object, int)
doesn't respect scale of BigDecimals.
- Fixed BUG#19282 - ResultSet.wasNull() returns incorrect value
when extracting native string from server-side prepared statement
generated result set.
- Fixed BUG#19568 - ResultSet.getSomeNumeric() didn't work for the
- Fixed BUG#19724 - Updatable result set fails when server is in
MySQL AB, Software Development Manager - Client Connectivity
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v188.8.131.52 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
|• MySQL Connector/J 3.1.13 Has Been Released||Mark Matthews||31 May|