List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Keith Roberts Date:May 29 2006 12:16pm
Subject:Re: Keyword - MySQL 4.1
View as plain text
From the manual:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/legal-names.html

An identifier may be quoted or unquoted. If an identifier
is a reserved word or contains special characters, you must
quote it whenever you refer to it.

(Exception: A word that follows a period in a qualified name
must be an identifier, so it is not necessary to quote it,
even if it is a reserved word.) For a list of reserved
words, see Section 9.5, Treatment of Reserved Words in
MySQL.

Special characters are those outside the set of alphanumeric
characters from the current character set, _, and $.

The identifier quote character is the backtick (`):

mysql> SELECT * FROM `select` WHERE `select`.id > 100;

Or could you just use an ALTER TABLE statement to change the
name in your database, and then change the div name in your
application code?

HTH

Keith Roberts

in practice they are not.

On Mon, 29 May 2006, ManojW wrote:

> To: mysql@stripped
> From: ManojW <manojsw@stripped>
> Subject: Keyword - MySQL 4.1
>
> Dear All,
>     While migrating from MySQL 4.0 to MySQL 4.1, I found
> that the database could not be loaded in 4.1 because MySQL
> 4.1 uses a reserved keyword "div" that was not "reserved"
> in 4.0.
>
>     Is there anyway to get around the issue?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Manoj
Thread
select sum(qty*unitpri) wrong resultwang shuming29 May
  • Re: select sum(qty*unitpri) wrong resultDan Nelson29 May
  • Keyword - MySQL 4.1ManojW29 May
    • Re: Keyword - MySQL 4.1Keith Roberts29 May