List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Moritz Möller Date:May 24 2006 9:37pm
Subject:mysql performance
View as plain text
Hi list,

we're running some large high-traffic mysql servers, and are currently
reaching the limit of our machines.

We're using mysql 4.1 / innodb on debian, ibdata is about 35GB. Hardware is
quad xeon dualcore, 8 GB RAM. Disk-io is nearly zero, limiting factor is
CPU.
The queries run very fast (I seldom see a process that's running longer than
a second), but there are too many of them, I guess.

As far as I know, NDB keeps the whole database in memory, so with indices
and some mem as reserve, we'd need ~48GB (3x16 or something) in total for
NDB :(

Does someone know other solutions to this? Is NDB the only storage engine
supporting clustering?

Thanks in advantage,

Moritz

Thread
mysql performanceMoritz Möller24 May
  • Re: mysql performanceDan Trainor25 May
    • RE: mysql performance / ndb 5.1 performanceMoritz Möller25 May
      • Re: mysql performance / ndb 5.1 performanceDan Trainor25 May
        • Re: mysql performance / ndb 5.1 performancesheeri kritzer25 May
      • Re: mysql performance / ndb 5.1 performanceJay Pipes25 May
        • RE: mysql performance / ndb 5.1 performanceMoritz Möller25 May