List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Trainor Date:May 24 2006 7:30pm
Subject:Re: Replicating queries to testing server
View as plain text
nigel wood wrote:
> Dan Trainor wrote:

>>> Hi -
>>>
>>> I would like to be able to replicate all queries from a live MySQL
>>> server, to a testing server at the office.
>>>
>>> The reason for doing this is to test load under [semi]real-world
>>> conditions with the new server.
>>

>> Hi -
>>
>> So I was thinking about this more, and then it dawned on me.  This is
>> simple MySQL replication.
>>
>> Sorry for wasting the time.
>

> No, it isn't. Selects aren't replicated nor is the timing true to catch
> contention problems.  I've done this recently and whilst I don't have
> time now I'll post my solution tomorrow. Assuming:
>
> A) Your using *nux
> B) Your application(s) and database are hosted on different machines
> C) You have root access on one of the boxes
> D) You can take a live db snapshot
>
> It will let you record and playback your database server's load.
>
> HTH
>
> Nigel

Hi, Nigel -

My situation does meet the above requirements, and I would be very
greatful if you were to spend a moment on this tomorrow when you get
time.  I look forward to your reply.

Thanks!
-dant
Thread
Replicating queries to testing serverDan Trainor24 May
  • Re: Replicating queries to testing serverDan Trainor24 May
    • Re: Replicating queries to testing servernigel wood24 May
      • Re: Replicating queries to testing serverDan Trainor24 May
      • Re: Replicating queries to testing serverDan Trainor13 Jun
  • Re: Replicating queries to testing serverJake Peavy14 Jun
    • Re: Replicating queries to testing serverDan Trainor14 Jun
      • Re: Replicating queries to testing serverScott Tanner14 Jun
        • Re: Replicating queries to testing serverAtle Veka14 Jun
          • Re: Replicating queries to testing serverDan Trainor14 Jun