List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Trainor Date:May 24 2006 7:10pm
Subject:Re: Replicating queries to testing server
View as plain text
Dan Trainor wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I would like to be able to replicate all queries from a live MySQL
> server, to a testing server at the office.
>
> The reason for doing this is to test load under [semi]real-world
> conditions with the new server.  I think that by doing something like
> this, I would be able to fine-tune the new server in preparation for
> replacing the original server.
>
> So what I can't figure out right now is how to set up a situation like
> this, where the live server would replicate every one of it's queries to
> the testing machine, and have the testing machine not respond with
> anything - just simply mow through the queries.
>
> The testing server will have a snapshot of the live database, so I will
> ahve data to work with.  However, the testing machine is on a private
> internal subnet, and I don't see how this type of setup would work from
> a logical MySQL standpoint.
>
> Keeping all this in mind, also remember that I cannot change any of the
> code which references the MySQL server.  I need to be able to do this
> using some native MySQL function.
>
> Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  I look forward to all your
>
> Thanks!
> -dant

Hi -

So I was thinking about this more, and then it dawned on me.  This is
simple MySQL replication.

Sorry for wasting the time.

Thanks!
-dant
Thread
Replicating queries to testing serverDan Trainor24 May
  • Re: Replicating queries to testing serverDan Trainor24 May
    • Re: Replicating queries to testing servernigel wood24 May
      • Re: Replicating queries to testing serverDan Trainor24 May
      • Re: Replicating queries to testing serverDan Trainor13 Jun
  • Re: Replicating queries to testing serverJake Peavy14 Jun
    • Re: Replicating queries to testing serverDan Trainor14 Jun
      • Re: Replicating queries to testing serverScott Tanner14 Jun
        • Re: Replicating queries to testing serverAtle Veka14 Jun
          • Re: Replicating queries to testing serverDan Trainor14 Jun