List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rich Date:May 23 2006 7:23pm
Subject:Finally Working...wow
View as plain text
Hi folks.  Me again.

I finally got this all up and running under crypt of 'cleartext'.
So, even though I am going to be on the same box as the server, how
do I set up an MD5 or password entry?

MYSQLCrypt                                              password()
MYSQLCrypt                                              password

MYSQLCrypt                                              MD5()
MYSQLCrypt                                              MD5

I'm not sure if the brackets are needed or not.

So if I use password or MD5 encryption in the tables, the value in
the field is encrypted.  How does this change how I structure things?

instead of 'passwordalpha' in the password field, I have to enter
'ff08d88bab6edcf9d730a96418c05358'?  I am entering users via my own
interface, and I can't seem to get MD5 working with either MD5 or MD5().

Cheers
Thread
Finally Working...wowRich23 May
  • Re: Finally Working...wowsheeri kritzer25 May
    • Re: Finally Working...wowRich26 May