List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:May 23 2006 4:09pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9
View as plain text
Thanks for the excellent reference, this gives me a lot to go on.

My server is in bits at the moment, I'll let you know when it's up again!

Ben

Dan Buettner wrote:
> [...]
> startup flag, or you've not set all the needed options for InnoDB.
>
> See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysqld-max.html, near the
> bottom of the page it explains what DISABLED means and refers you to the
> error log for messages.
>
> Dan
>
> Ben Clewett wrote:
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> This is what I have.  What does this mean with regards to InnoDB?
>>

> +------------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+-----+------------+
>

>> | Engine     | Support  | Comment                  | Transactions |
>> XA  | Savepoints |
>>
> +------------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+-----+------------+
>

>> | CSV        | YES      | CSV storage engine                  |
>> NO           | NO  | NO         |
>> | MEMORY     | YES      | Hash based, stored in memory, useful for
>> temporary tables      | NO           | NO  | NO         |
>> | MRG_MYISAM | YES      | Collection of identical MyISAM tables
>>                  | NO           | NO  | NO         |
>> | InnoDB     | DISABLED | Supports transactions, row-level locking,
>> and foreign keys     | YES          | YES | YES        |
>> | BLACKHOLE  | YES      | /dev/null storage engine (anything you write
>> to it disappears) | NO           | NO  | NO         |
>> | MyISAM     | DEFAULT  | Default engine as of MySQL 3.23 with great
>> performance         | NO           | NO  | NO         |
>> | BerkeleyDB | DISABLED | Supports transactions and page-level locking
>>                  | YES          | NO  | YES        |
>> | ARCHIVE    | YES      | Archive storage engine                  |
>> NO           | NO  | NO         |
>>
> +------------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+-----+------------+
>

>> Thanks,
>>

>> Dan Buettner wrote:
>>> Ben, what does SHOW ENGINES show you?  It should list all known
>>> storage engines and indicate whether your MySQL install supports it
>>> or not.
>>>
>>> Here's mine (5.0.21) for comparison; I was able to create a test
>>> table as InnoDB and the SHOW CREATE showed it as InnoDB:
>>>
>>> -> show engines;
>>>
> +------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
>

>>> | Engine     | Support | Comment                 |
>>>
> +------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+

>>> performance         |
>>> temporary tables      |
>>> and foreign keys     |
>>> to it disappears) |
>>> | EXAMPLE    | NO      | Example storage engine                 |
>>> | ARCHIVE    | YES     | Archive storage engine                 |
>>> | CSV        | NO      | CSV storage engine                 |
>>> tables                 |
>>> engine                 |
>>> | ISAM       | NO      | Obsolete storage engine                 |

Thread
InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Ben Clewett23 May
  • RE: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9SST - Adelaide)23 May
    • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Ben Clewett23 May
      • RE: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9SST - Adelaide)23 May
        • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Ben Clewett23 May
        • I think I need a joinCritters23 May
          • Re: I think I need a joinPeter Brawley23 May
    • How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining in the first place!!!!Phil Robbins25 May
      • Re: How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining inthe first place!!!!Daniel Kasak25 May
        • Re: How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining in the firstplace!!!!Phil Robbins26 May
          • Re: How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining inthe first place!!!!James Harvard26 May
          • Re: How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining inthe first place!!!!Daniel Kasak26 May
      • RE: How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining in the first place!!!!Tim Lucia25 May
  • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9gerald_clark23 May
    • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Ben Clewett23 May
    • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Ben Clewett23 May
      • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Dan Buettner23 May