List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Buettner Date:May 23 2006 3:35pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9
View as plain text
Ben, looks like you've either got it disabled in my.cnf or with a
startup flag, or you've not set all the needed options for InnoDB.

See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysqld-max.html, near the
bottom of the page it explains what DISABLED means and refers you to the
error log for messages.

Dan

Ben Clewett wrote:
> [...]
> | MRG_MYISAM | YES      | Collection of identical MyISAM tables
>                  | NO           | NO  | NO         |
> | InnoDB     | DISABLED | Supports transactions, row-level locking, and
> foreign keys     | YES          | YES | YES        |
> | BLACKHOLE  | YES      | /dev/null storage engine (anything you write
> to it disappears) | NO           | NO  | NO         |
> | MyISAM     | DEFAULT  | Default engine as of MySQL 3.23 with great
> performance         | NO           | NO  | NO         |
> | BerkeleyDB | DISABLED | Supports transactions and page-level locking
>                  | YES          | NO  | YES        |
> | ARCHIVE    | YES      | Archive storage engine                  |
> NO           | NO  | NO         |
>
> +------------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+-----+------------+
>

> Thanks,
>

> Dan Buettner wrote:
>> Ben, what does SHOW ENGINES show you?  It should list all known
>> storage engines and indicate whether your MySQL install supports it or
>> not.
>>
>> Here's mine (5.0.21) for comparison; I was able to create a test table
>> as InnoDB and the SHOW CREATE showed it as InnoDB:
>>
>> -> show engines;
>>
> +------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
>

>> | Engine     | Support | Comment                 |
>>
> +------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
>

>> | MyISAM     | DEFAULT | Default engine as of MySQL 3.23 with great
>> performance         |
>> | MEMORY     | YES     | Hash based, stored in memory, useful for
>> temporary tables      |
>> | InnoDB     | YES     | Supports transactions, row-level locking, and
>> foreign keys     |
>> | BerkeleyDB | NO      | Supports transactions and page-level locking
>> | BLACKHOLE  | NO      | /dev/null storage engine (anything you write
>> to it disappears) |
>> | EXAMPLE    | NO      | Example storage engine                 |
>> | ARCHIVE    | YES     | Archive storage engine                 |
>> | CSV        | NO      | CSV storage engine                 |
>> | ndbcluster | NO      | Clustered, fault-tolerant, memory-based
>> tables                 |
>> | FEDERATED  | NO      | Federated MySQL storage engine                 |
>> | MRG_MYISAM | YES     | Collection of identical MyISAM tables
>> | ISAM       | NO      | Obsolete storage engine                 |
>>
> +------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
>

>> 12 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>>

>> Ben Clewett wrote:
>>> Hi Gerald,
>>>
>>> I am sure I don't have this in my my.cfg.  I am using the supplied
>>> 'large table' my.cfg.  The *only* innodb option I have is the command
>>> line parameter to mysqld:
>>>
>>> --innodb
>>>
>>> If anybody has any other options about how to get innodb working in

Thread
InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Ben Clewett23 May
  • RE: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9SST - Adelaide)23 May
    • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Ben Clewett23 May
      • RE: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9SST - Adelaide)23 May
        • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Ben Clewett23 May
        • I think I need a joinCritters23 May
          • Re: I think I need a joinPeter Brawley23 May
    • How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining in the first place!!!!Phil Robbins25 May
      • Re: How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining inthe first place!!!!Daniel Kasak25 May
        • Re: How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining in the firstplace!!!!Phil Robbins26 May
          • Re: How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining inthe first place!!!!James Harvard26 May
          • Re: How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining inthe first place!!!!Daniel Kasak26 May
      • RE: How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining in the first place!!!!Tim Lucia25 May
  • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9gerald_clark23 May
    • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Ben Clewett23 May
    • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Ben Clewett23 May
      • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Dan Buettner23 May