List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:May 23 2006 3:21pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9
View as plain text
Hi Dan,

This is what I have.  What does this mean with regards to InnoDB?

+------------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+-----+------------+
| Engine     | Support  | Comment
                  | Transactions | XA  | Savepoints |
+------------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+-----+------------+
| CSV        | YES      | CSV storage engine
                  | NO           | NO  | NO         |
| MEMORY     | YES      | Hash based, stored in memory, useful for
temporary tables      | NO           | NO  | NO         |
| MRG_MYISAM | YES      | Collection of identical MyISAM tables
                  | NO           | NO  | NO         |
| InnoDB     | DISABLED | Supports transactions, row-level locking, and
foreign keys     | YES          | YES | YES        |
| BLACKHOLE  | YES      | /dev/null storage engine (anything you write
to it disappears) | NO           | NO  | NO         |
| MyISAM     | DEFAULT  | Default engine as of MySQL 3.23 with great
performance         | NO           | NO  | NO         |
| BerkeleyDB | DISABLED | Supports transactions and page-level locking
                  | YES          | NO  | YES        |
| ARCHIVE    | YES      | Archive storage engine
                  | NO           | NO  | NO         |
+------------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+-----+------------+

Thanks,

Dan Buettner wrote:
> Ben, what does SHOW ENGINES show you?  It should list all known storage
> engines and indicate whether your MySQL install supports it or not.
>
> Here's mine (5.0.21) for comparison; I was able to create a test table
> as InnoDB and the SHOW CREATE showed it as InnoDB:
>
> -> show engines;
>
> +------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
>

> | Engine     | Support | Comment                 |
>
> +------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
>

> | MyISAM     | DEFAULT | Default engine as of MySQL 3.23 with great
> performance         |
> | MEMORY     | YES     | Hash based, stored in memory, useful for
> temporary tables      |
> | InnoDB     | YES     | Supports transactions, row-level locking, and
> foreign keys     |
> | BerkeleyDB | NO      | Supports transactions and page-level locking
> | BLACKHOLE  | NO      | /dev/null storage engine (anything you write to
> it disappears) |
> | EXAMPLE    | NO      | Example storage engine                 |
> | ARCHIVE    | YES     | Archive storage engine                 |
> | CSV        | NO      | CSV storage engine                 |
> | ndbcluster | NO      | Clustered, fault-tolerant, memory-based tables
> | FEDERATED  | NO      | Federated MySQL storage engine                 |
> | MRG_MYISAM | YES     | Collection of identical MyISAM tables
> | ISAM       | NO      | Obsolete storage engine                 |
>
> +------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
>

> 12 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>

> Ben Clewett wrote:
>> Hi Gerald,
>>
>> I am sure I don't have this in my my.cfg.  I am using the supplied
>> 'large table' my.cfg.  The *only* innodb option I have is the command
>> line parameter to mysqld:
>>
>> --innodb
>>
>> If anybody has any other options about how to get innodb working in
>> 5.1.9, I'd be very interested!
>>
>> Thanks for the advise,
>>
>> Ben
>>

>> gerald_clark wrote:

>>> make sure you don't have
>>> skip--innodb
>>> in your my.cnf file.

Thread
InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Ben Clewett23 May
  • RE: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9SST - Adelaide)23 May
    • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Ben Clewett23 May
      • RE: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9SST - Adelaide)23 May
        • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Ben Clewett23 May
        • I think I need a joinCritters23 May
          • Re: I think I need a joinPeter Brawley23 May
    • How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining in the first place!!!!Phil Robbins25 May
      • Re: How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining inthe first place!!!!Daniel Kasak25 May
        • Re: How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining in the firstplace!!!!Phil Robbins26 May
          • Re: How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining inthe first place!!!!James Harvard26 May
          • Re: How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining inthe first place!!!!Daniel Kasak26 May
      • RE: How do I get off this list that I do not remember joining in the first place!!!!Tim Lucia25 May
  • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9gerald_clark23 May
    • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Ben Clewett23 May
    • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Ben Clewett23 May
      • Re: InnoDB problems under 5.1.9Dan Buettner23 May