List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Pipes Date:May 23 2006 3:19pm
Subject:Re: Performance Available
View as plain text
Please post your exact table schema using SHOW CREATE TABLE, and your
exact query, along with an EXPLAIN SELECT for the query.

Thanks!

-jay

Jan Gomes wrote:
> Hy Guys,
>
> I have a simple structure of tables, howewer has 50 million of registers and 2,5 GB
> of data.
> The table is MyIsam and has 4 integer fields and 1 Text field, one primary key with
> two integer fields
> and one btree index with one integer field.
>
> There is a select in this table using an index(with one integer field), whith a set
> value
> for this field ( select * from table where field in (value1,value2,value3,value4,etc)
> ).
>
> This select has delay 4s average.
>
> Is this a good time for the select ? How can I run this select in less time?
>
> I had make this optimization:
>
> 1-Compress the index
> 2-sort the index with myisamchk
>

> PS.: This table is read-only, hasn't an insert, update or delete.

Thread
Performance AvailableJan Gomes23 May
  • Re: Performance AvailableDan Buettner23 May
  • Re: Performance AvailableJay Pipes23 May
Re: Performance AvailableJan Gomes23 May
  • Re: Performance Availablegerald_clark23 May
Re: Performance AvailableJan Gomes24 May
  • Re: Performance AvailableJay Pipes24 May
Re: Performance AvailableJan Gomes24 May