List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 17 1999 6:58am
Subject:compilation problem
View as plain text
>>>>> "gaspard" == gaspard  <gaspard@stripped> writes:

gaspard> I have to compile mysql-3.22.21 successfully  with the sources on linux
gaspard> 2.0.34 (slackware)
gaspard> very simple, juste ./configure ; make ; make install
gaspard> all functions perfectly

gaspard> and I want to install mysql on another station with the same configuration,
gaspard>  but compilation fails.

gaspard> then I try to remake the same operation on the first station and
gaspard> compilation fails.

gaspard> I am surprised by this error whereas all had to go perfectly the first
gaspard> time.

gaspard> ...................

gaspard> cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
gaspard> include/pthread/sleep.h: In function `int machdep_gettimeofday(struct
gaspard> timespec *)':
gaspard> In file included from include/pthread.h:54,
gaspard>                  from
gaspard> /ext2/usr/local/src/mysql-3.22.21/mit-pthreads/pthreads/init.cc:7:
gaspard> include/pthread/sleep.h:52: warning: ANSI C++ forbids implicit conversion
gaspard> from `void *' in argument passing
gaspard> make[2]: *** [obj/init.o] Error 1
gaspard> make[2]: Leaving directory `/ext2/usr/local/src/mysql-3.22.21/mit-pthreads'
gaspard> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gaspard> make[1]: Leaving directory `/ext2/usr/local/src/mysql-3.22.21'
gaspard> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Hi!

Try the follwing:

make clean
rm config.cache
./configure
make

THe above error means that configure doesn't find the LinuxThread
library and tries to use MIT-pthreads (Which doesn't work very well on
Linux).  Check that LinuxThreads is installed on the second machine!

Yours,
Monty

*************** Warning commercial signature follows **********
If you like TCX's concept of a 'mostly free' database and free
advice, you should at least CONSIDER supporting us that we can
afford to keep this service up.   http://www.mysql.com/

Thread
compilation problemgaspard16 Apr
  • compilation problemMichael Widenius17 Apr