List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:May 21 2006 4:38pm
Subject:Re: Looking for free MySQL Administrator
View as plain text
At 11:57 AM 5/20/2006, John Hicks wrote:
>mos wrote:
>>At 10:10 AM 5/20/2006, Keith Roberts wrote:
>>>http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php
>>>
>>>I think phpmyadmin will allow you to make changes to
>>>multiple columns at once.
>>Sorry, I should have mentioned I was looking for a MySQL Administrator
>>running on Windows. Going through PHP seems like a round about way of
>>accessing the database since I don't have PHP running and the database is
>>not on the web. It's running on the local machine. I suppose I could
>>install Apache and PHP and modify the database through a browser, but it
>>seems a bit awkard.
>
>If it's running on your own box, why not use the 'mysql' client
>sql-command-line utility? A single 'alter table' query can contain
>multiple 'change column' and 'modify column' phrases.
>
>--J

Sure, I've done that in the past for smaller tables. But it is too easy to
make a mistake in defining the column definition(s) and then it's another
30 minute wait for the table to become available again. Someone mentioned
SqlYog and it indeed works just fine. It's free too. :)

Mike

Thread
Looking for free MySQL Administratormos20 May
  • Re: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorKeith Roberts20 May
    • Re: Looking for free MySQL Administratormos20 May
      • Re: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorChris W20 May
      • Re: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorJohn Hicks20 May
        • Re: Looking for free MySQL Administratormos21 May
          • Re: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorPhil Robbins22 May
            • Re: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorDan Nelson22 May
  • RE: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorRithish Saralaya23 May
RE: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorRajesh Mehrotra23 May
RE: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorGeorge Law23 May