List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Sansom Date:May 20 2006 10:52pm
Subject:RE: Find invalid email formats using MySQL query.
View as plain text
At 22:10 +0100 20/5/06, Keith Roberts wrote:
>Probably the most efficient place to do this sort of field
>checking would be using javascript in the browser. That
>would stop the bad addresses even being sent down the line
>to the server in the first place.

Sure, but if you're being conscientious about accessibility you have
to allow for users without JavaScript, which means doing the test
server-side as well.

--
Cheers... Chris
Highway 57 Web Development -- http://highway57.co.uk/

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?
    -- W.C. Fields
Thread
Find invalid email formats using MySQL query.Yesmin Patwary20 May
  • Re: Find invalid email formats using MySQL query.Keith Roberts20 May
  • Re: Find invalid email formats using MySQL query.Peter Brawley20 May
  • RE: Find invalid email formats using MySQL query.fbsd20 May
    • RE: Find invalid email formats using MySQL query.Keith Roberts20 May
      • RE: Find invalid email formats using MySQL query.Chris Sansom21 May