List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Hicks Date:May 20 2006 4:57pm
Subject:Re: Looking for free MySQL Administrator
View as plain text
mos wrote:
> At 10:10 AM 5/20/2006, Keith Roberts wrote:
>> http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php
>>
>> I think phpmyadmin will allow you to make changes to
>> multiple columns at once.
>
> Sorry, I should have mentioned I was looking for a MySQL Administrator
> running on Windows. Going through PHP seems like a round about way of
> accessing the database since I don't have PHP running and the database
> is not on the web. It's running on the local machine. I suppose I could
> install Apache and PHP and modify the database through a browser, but it
> seems a bit awkard.

If it's running on your own box, why not use the 'mysql' client
sql-command-line utility? A single 'alter table' query can contain
multiple 'change column' and 'modify column' phrases.

--J
Thread
Looking for free MySQL Administratormos20 May
  • Re: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorKeith Roberts20 May
    • Re: Looking for free MySQL Administratormos20 May
      • Re: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorChris W20 May
      • Re: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorJohn Hicks20 May
        • Re: Looking for free MySQL Administratormos21 May
          • Re: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorPhil Robbins22 May
            • Re: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorDan Nelson22 May
  • RE: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorRithish Saralaya23 May
RE: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorRajesh Mehrotra23 May
RE: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorGeorge Law23 May