List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:May 20 2006 2:50pm
Subject:Looking for free MySQL Administrator
View as plain text
I'm looking for a MySQL administrator for 4.x/5.x that will allow me to
make multiple changes to a table structure without reloading the data after
each change. The problem is I may have to change 5 columns on a 10 million
row table. As it stands now with the administrator I'm using, it will
reload the table after each change (very slow because it means 5 reloads-1
for each column). So I need to "batch" the 5 table changes then have it
alter the table. (Of course I could use Alter Table with multiple columns
but if I make a mistake, there goes data for 10 million rows-Ouch!)

Any suggestions? TIA

Mike

Thread
Looking for free MySQL Administratormos20 May
  • Re: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorKeith Roberts20 May
    • Re: Looking for free MySQL Administratormos20 May
      • Re: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorChris W20 May
      • Re: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorJohn Hicks20 May
        • Re: Looking for free MySQL Administratormos21 May
          • Re: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorPhil Robbins22 May
            • Re: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorDan Nelson22 May
  • RE: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorRithish Saralaya23 May
RE: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorRajesh Mehrotra23 May
RE: Looking for free MySQL AdministratorGeorge Law23 May