List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yesmin Patwary Date:May 20 2006 2:47pm
Subject:Find invalid email formats using MySQL query.
View as plain text
Dear All,

  My contact table has email field which contains many invalid email addresses. I find
them using following php function.  Is there a way to do that check in MySQL query?

  function emailValidate ($str)
 {
    $reg = "^([a-zA-Z0-9._-]+)@([a-zA-Z0-9-])+(\.[a-zA-Z0-9-]+)+$";
    if (eregi($reg, $str)) {
         return true;//-- good email
     }else{
         return false;//--bad email
     }
  }//--close function

  Thanks in advance for any comments or help.

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.  Great rates starting at
1¢/min.
Thread
Find invalid email formats using MySQL query.Yesmin Patwary20 May
  • Re: Find invalid email formats using MySQL query.Keith Roberts20 May
  • Re: Find invalid email formats using MySQL query.Peter Brawley20 May
  • RE: Find invalid email formats using MySQL query.fbsd20 May
    • RE: Find invalid email formats using MySQL query.Keith Roberts20 May
      • RE: Find invalid email formats using MySQL query.Chris Sansom21 May